Tuesday 1 April 2014

Being a Leader/Facilitator and Meetings

The 3rd meeting for TLFHD Educational and Cultural Exchange Programme was held on Saturday 22nd March, 2014 and although it was lengthy, it was worth the while :).

The first session of the meeting was all about being a leader/facilitator. The best leader/facilitator, as shared by the presenter Ms. Ann Marie, is someone who knows who they are. Myself and the other participants were then asked to 'find and hug a tree' for 5 minutes and I wasn't quite sure what we were suppose to learn from hugging a tree. I soon understood that it was a much needed time-out to relax our minds as we observed and basked in the things that we took for granted sometimes. It helped us in analyzing how our experiences contributed significantly to who we were. It had me thinking about how my experiences, some good, frightening and sad, would have contributed to the good and bad components of who I am. She also emphasized the importance of a leader/facilitator being able to trust others.

The second session was about meetings. The different types of meetings and the things needed to conduct a meeting. Some of the information shared by Mr. Kwesi such as how to take meeting minutes were a review and enhancement of what I had already known. Others such as the term 'Quorum', Robert's Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure for meetings were new to me. I am now able to introduce and vote on a motion like a true parliamentarian :D.


2 comments: